Terms & Conditions ( the small print)
By taking lessons with us, you automatically agree to these Terms & Conditions
Smoking is not allowed in my car at any time and I will not have "Pupil Passengers" unless by prior agreement.
I will pick up and drop off from home or work locally within reason by prior agreement. I will endeavour to be on time plus or minus 15 minutes depending on local traffic or weather conditions.
You must inform me if there is any reason why you cannot drive safely or legally. This includes the loss of your valid driving licence, and also includes but is not limited to, being under the influence of drink or drugs, including prescribed medication that may affect your ability to drive.
Please ensure that you are medically fit to drive. If you have any medical condition and you are not sure if your ability to drive is affected, please speak with your doctor, and the DVLA to report any notifiable medical condition. You must also be able to read a number plate from a distance of 20.5 metres.
The Driving Test
It is the candidates responsibility to ensure my Instructor reference number (156957) is used and the instructor is aware of the date and time of test bookings in good time to avoid double bookings and ensure preparation. Your instructor is permitted to accompany you on the test at your request, but not allowed to assist in any way.
reserve the right to withdraw the use of the tuition car for driving lessons and practical driving tests if I believe that you are unsafe, not legal, or not up to test standard. If I believe that you are not up to test standard, we will discuss this within plenty of time before your test and discuss the options available to you.
I reserve the right to refuse to take you to your driving test if:
- 1. you haven't told me when your driving test is and therefore I am unavailable.
- 2. you havent used my driving Instructor reference No (156957)
- 3.you haven't moved your driving test date when I advised you to.
- 4. if you haven't had regular lessons, or I believe you are unsafe to be driving my tuition car by yourself on test.
Your instructor reserves the right to withhold the use of the training vehicle for a lesson, if in the opinion of the instructor the client is lacking in personal hygiene (smelling unpleasant), under the influence of drugs or alcohol. In any of these circumstances the lesson will not go ahead and you will forfeit the lesson fee as the lesson will be deemed as a late cancellation.
Siince the 4th of June 2018 the test may be terminated if the Engine Management Light appears on your test.This could happen on the morning of your test or during your test.I have no control over this. If so I will not be responsible for any costs incurred as a result
Cancellations & Punctuality
If you cancel your lesson with less than 24 hours notice, you will be liable for the cost of your lesson.
When I arrive for your lesson, I will text you. If you haven’t arrived, I will ring you, and if possible, I will knock on your door. If you have still not arrived or contacted me within 15 minutes, I will cancel your lesson which will be charged as above.
If I have to cancel your lesson through no fault of my own, for circumstances such as mechanical breakdown of the tuition car, bad weather which may affect your ability to learn safely, heavy traffic, or the previous student’s lesson or driving test has overrun, and it means I cannot arrive within 30 minutes of the start time of your lesson, I will rearrange your lesson for the next available, mutually convenient, date and time.
If I feel your behaviour or attitude whilst driving is threatening, dangerous, or compromises safety, I reserve the right to cancel the lesson in progress and any future lessons. I can not risk a driver who threatens their own safety, my safety, other road users or pedestrians.
Payment & Refunds
The DVSA Test Fees as displayed on this website are a guide,you must check with the DVSA prior to booking. The lesson prices will be as advertised, regarding any increases (you) the pupil will be given notice in plenty of time (1 month). Lesson prices charged will be higher for out of Cardiff test centre areas
- Your hourly lesson rate & 10 hour block booking rate is as agreed with me.
- I accept payments in the form of cash, bank transfer, cheque, or gift vouchers.
- Block booking payments must be made up front, and before the first lesson commences.
I cannot issue a refund for any lessons already taken. If you are dissatisfied with a lesson for any reason, please do talk to me ASAP and we may be able to work something out.
If you have paid for a block booking and wish to discontinue lessons for any reason, I can refund the remaining hours at the price that you paid for them.
Accidents & The Law
I make every effort to avoid damage and accidents, and I do anticipate that accidents may happen as you are learning to drive, however if I believe you were driving in a dangerous manner, or ignoring my instructions and actual damage is caused to the tuition car, you may be expected to contribute towards the repairs cost (ie. tyres).
You will be responsible If you damage either my vehicle or another vehicle during your driving test and charge will be applied for any repairs as I cannot intervene and prevent this.
I will make every effort to avoid you breaking the law or committing any traffic offence – you are under my close supervision during every lesson and I may use controls such as speed limiters, and verbal or physical control such as giving verbal instruction, taking the steering wheel or using the dual controls pedals where necessary, to avoid dangerous situations or accidents, however I cannot accept any responsibility of you breaking the law – this includes speeding, traffic offences, regulations, or laws that you could break whilst driving. You will be responsible for fines accumalated if observed driving in a bus lane or a box junction.
Any fines or penalties are legally the sole responsibility of the driver. It is an offence on my part, if I fail to give the driver’s details to the DVLA or Police when asked to provide that information as to who was driving at the time of an offence. You will be responsible for fines accumalated if observed driving in a bus lane or a box junction.
In line with the GDPR, by you taking driving lessons with us, you automatically consent and agree to us holding your personal information (such as your name, address, date of birth, driving licence number, records of your driving progress, medical conditions that may affect your driving, driving test dates, receipts of payments etc.). We hold your information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. We hold your information for the purpose of being able to provide good quality driving lessons to you.
You must inform us of any changes to your information that may affect us providing driving lessons to you – such as change of address, new medical conditions, etc.
We hold your information securely, which is secured on our phones, tablets, or computers which are all password protected.
We can assure you that we do not pass your information on to anyone without your prior permission and agreement. If there is a need to share your information (such as changing driving instructors and sending notes to them, booking tests on your behalf with the DVLA etc.), we will inform you first, explain who we are sharing the information with, why we are sharing the information, and ensure that you give us your consent and permission.
You have the right to see any information we hold about you.
You have the right to ask us to destroy any information we hold about you.
Once you pass your driving test, or if you wish to discontinue lessons with us for any reason, we will destroy any information we hold about you.
Website usage terms and conditions
The term "Philip Manfield School of Motoring" or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither I nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Philip Manfield’s prior written consent(email).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
- I am not responsible for third party website content and have no control over validity or accuracy of information contained in such sites.